It is currently November 19th, 2017, 7:09 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Page 2 of 3 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Re: $250k King's Bishop~Gr1, 3yo, 7F (Aug. 27th)
PostPosted: August 25th, 2011, 2:29 pm 
Site Admin

Big D.,
I try my best to study the PP's you send everytime...sometimes I DO let sentimental picks shine through (as is the case with Awesome Gem and many others) BUT sometimes I read the PP's, and narrow it down to my GUT. I know most handicappers don't do it that way because they invest money into it but I don't so my method is a bit different. Even still, I HAVE managed to picks a few good ones...and I picked Awesome Gem off NOT his PP's but his physical presence and appearance. I could tell after being around him for several days and seeinghow well he was holding up to shipping (that horse ships as if he were just moving from one stall to another) that he was sitting on a big one and going to be tough to beat. I know true handicappers could care less about "paddock appearance" or physical appearance but studying the horses in th epaddock and post parade is where I make most of my best picks...you can tell ALOT about a horse by his or her body language, demeanor, and how he or she is affected by the pre-race chaos and activity. That's MY story and I am sticking to it! LOL!

:P

P.S.~ I DID go over Gem's PP's prior to the Longacre's Mile and it DID help me narrow down my conviction that he would win...this year his highest speed figure came at the identical distance @ Lone Star Park and so I knew he would be able to handle this race to perfection if he got a good break and settled in just behind the speed (which there really wasn't any speed in the race so he sat up closer to the front in mid pack than he normally does).

PostPosted: August 25th, 2011, 4:37 pm 

there is a horse in this field that nobody is talking about, and i think is gonna win this race. what is the best race of runflatout's short career? the 7 furlong laz berrara.... i don't even think the exacta is even worth a play because i don't see mo or flash not at least finishing in the place hole. so this will probably be a 10$ win bet on flat!!

PostPosted: August 25th, 2011, 4:43 pm 

bisket - Ship ins don't just come across the country for a holiday do they?
John Sadler is a pretty shrewd dude when it comes to sprinters.
Good luck Bisket.

PostPosted: August 25th, 2011, 6:05 pm 

Fleet
Normally I don't bet a race unless I handicap it, but you seemed so confident in AG that I bet it blind...and I'm glad I did! Thanks

PostPosted: August 25th, 2011, 9:31 pm 
Site Admin

Bisket,
Actually I have followed Runflatout since his beginning! He is a nice colt and I knwo the WPTB people pretty good who think highly of him. He will need to step up majorly to win against this field BUT, you are right about this distance and his best race...that's the same thing I said about Gemster in the Longacre's Mile and he won! Runflatout could very well do the same...he is my longshot/value pick for sure!

PostPosted: August 25th, 2011, 9:33 pm 
Site Admin

Fred,
Glad you did too! Don't know if you have had a chance to click on the link I posted to my newest album of him (in the Lonagcre's Mile thread) but take a look....he is a fabulous horse and he looked SOOOOOOOOOO good before the race that it was VERY hard to look anywhere else (never mind the stars in my eyes that didnt' help either!). Go check out the link! I got some REALLY good shots I think!

PostPosted: August 27th, 2011, 3:03 pm 
Site Admin

OFFICIAL RESULTS:

1st Place: Caleb's Posse :D

2nd Place: Uncle Mo

3rd Place: Justin Phillip

4th Place: Dominus

PostPosted: August 27th, 2011, 3:06 pm 
Site Admin

Caleb's Posse was flying at the finish but Uncle Mo actually ran a bang up rance off the long layoff and finished a nose behind the winner in 2nd...Very good run from Mo today...no disgrace in his finish at all and I think he needed a race under his belt to get back into the thick of things. I am hopefuly his next out will be even better but he really ran nice today!

PostPosted: August 27th, 2011, 3:33 pm 

OH-MO!!!!!

Glad I did have Caleb's Posse on my picks list :lol: ...but holy$hit...Mo ran one hell of a race!! I really figured he might be a little short, but his class took over when his legs started to tire...SOB dug in and looked great...not to take anything from Caleb's Posse, but today he ran down a tired horse...I'd have to say, Mo is back...now I hope he stays healthy...today he was simply outstanding!!

Gandalf the Grey

PostPosted: August 27th, 2011, 3:43 pm 
Site Admin

MUCH AGREED FDF!!!

WAY TO GO MO!!!

PostPosted: August 28th, 2011, 5:30 am 

AfleetTreet - The Class Ratings for this race was Caleb's Posse 122, Uncle Mo 122 and Justin Phillip 120.

PostPosted: August 28th, 2011, 8:22 am 

lol -- now most of you will think mo will be going to the bc because he is back - if he does it better be a short race. that race ran like i thought it would.

PostPosted: August 28th, 2011, 8:33 am 

AfleetTreet - partial your quote "Mo actually ran a bang up rance off the long layoff and finished a nose behind the winner in 2nd...Very good run from Mo today...no disgrace in his finish at all"

Fleet Uncle Mo ran an excellent race. He actually ran a better quality race against a better field in yesterday's King's Bishop than in the Champagne Gr1 last year.
As far as his future goes it maybe curtailed by either a health issue or some serious stallion syndication negotiations in the background.
We'll see won't we.

PostPosted: August 28th, 2011, 9:10 am 

Hailtoreason wrote:
AfleetTreet - partial your quote "Mo actually ran a bang up rance off the long layoff and finished a nose behind the winner in 2nd...Very good run from Mo today...no disgrace in his finish at all"

Fleet Uncle Mo ran an excellent race. He actually ran a better quality race against a better field in yesterday's King's Bishop than in the Champagne Gr1 last year.
As far as his future goes it maybe curtailed by either a health issue or some serious stallion syndication negotiations in the background.
We'll see won't we.
Now if I had made the statement about health issue I be attach and called names. ---- that was a very slow race are was it?
it was 1.59 off 0.40 that was 1 and 19/100 second - the race was fast in the begining and mo was 4 off the leader cought him at 3/4 and he was out of power -- some might say he made his move to soon but the out come would have been the same CP close big time.

PostPosted: August 28th, 2011, 10:50 am 

Well say this I look at the chart of the race and placed all my above comment before watching the replay - Mo might be back after all but don't look for him ias a winner in any big races just yet. nice run Mo

Page 2 of 3 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next