It is currently November 19th, 2017, 6:50 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Page 2 of 5 [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Travers -coil and shackleford 8-27-2011
PostPosted: August 24th, 2011, 2:02 pm 

TREET YOU HAVE SOMETHING ELSE YOU FOR GOT ABOUT - THEY BEEN HERE SINCE TIME BEGAN MOST PEOPLE DON'T BELIVE IN THEM BUT NATIVE AMERICAN DO AND I DO TO I WAS LESS THAN 15' FROM ONE 30 YEARS AGO -- LIKE TO DO THAT AGIN -LOL THEY AVERAGE 7 TO 8' RANGE IN COLOR FROM GRAY TO RED BROWN YOU CAN BE RIGHT BESIDE ONE AND NEVER KNOW - THEY ARE THE FOREST PEOPLE OF NOTH AMERICA,

PostPosted: August 24th, 2011, 2:09 pm 
Site Admin

Still....YUCK for me! Never been a big snake person...espcially the viper type snakes...rattlesnakes, water moccasins, copperheads, pit vipers, or any other poisonous snakes...Hell I am not too crazy about the constrictor snakes either....Garter Snakes are about all Ican handle. Used to catch those all the time. Like I said too, since I am hard of hearing (have been since I was born) I am doubly terrified of rattlesnakes because the rattle is a pitch or frequency I cannot hear even if they were right next to me. Hence WHY i have a badass guard dog/protector too because when hubby is gone if anyone broke into my house and she wasn't around, I would never hear them until it was too late to defend myself. I just let the dog tear them apart if they are stupid enough to keep coming after she issues a scary warning growl. LOL! She's a mommy protector indeed.

PostPosted: August 24th, 2011, 2:11 pm 

IKE WOULD ONLY GO AFTER THEM IF THEY WET TO THE FRIG AND GOT ICE CREAM -LOL

PostPosted: August 24th, 2011, 4:30 pm 

AARRGGHHH...no more Rattlesnake stories...we got 'em here too...my husband wears big welding gloves when he's in the field irrigating and always sends the dogs down the ditch first (they get vaccinated for snake bites)...last year he whacked off the heads of 16 Rattlers...with his irrigating shovel, and managed to shoot 4 or 5 more...we hates them !! I lived in Ocala, didn't mind the bugs, but the variety of poisoness snakes was hard to deal with...found a Coral Snake in the stall with a yearling on the farm down there...scary!! A few weeks ago I had to wrangle a stubborn Bull Snake from our farm shop...we do like them, but not in the shop...silly snake came back 3 times before I finally discouraged him with a cold shower from the hose :lol:

As for the Travers & THAT rattlesnake... he should run well, but can't see him winning...he is a nice colt!!

I am so torn between the top 3 in the Travers...Thirsty, Coil & Shack...I want them to finish 1, 2, 3...but can't decide which one I want in the winner's circle.

I want to think that Shackelford CAN win at 1 1/4 mile... I was not happy when I first read that Baffert might not run Coil in the Travers, but I guess his last work gave Baffert all he needed...I've loved Stay Thirsty since last year...I feel an attachment to him because I knew his bottom side granddam, Equal Change (I just wish he had a different trainer :shock: :D ).... oh, what shall I do...who do I pick to win...I know...a triple dead heat 8) ...and we all know that Kelly Breen is doing a rain dance every day...and maybe Hurricane Irene will grant his wish :x ...

ah, hell, maybe for this one I'll just watch it and root for whichever of my top 3 looks the best in deep stretch :wink:

Coil

Thirsty

Shack

Thirsty

Coil

Shack

I just hate it when your favorite horses race each other in the same race...which is a direct contradiction to wanting to see the best race the best in a particular race :?

Gandalf the Grey

PostPosted: August 25th, 2011, 7:54 am 

8) Four of the top 3 year olds in training are in the Travers, including Stay Thirsty, who seeks his third win in four starts over the track. Haskell Invitational (gr. I) winner Coil, the 3-1 second choice, will make his first start at the Spa, as will Preakness (gr. I) winner Shackleford, and Belmont Stakes (gr. I) Ruler On Ice. With a win by any of the four they will become the top division leader. At this point I am going to say I believe it will be Coil.:mrgreen:

PostPosted: August 25th, 2011, 11:13 am 

After a long hard look before talk with George I see it now Coil -ruler on ice -ratson'Detat - j w blue looks that way to me

PostPosted: August 25th, 2011, 4:07 pm 

the two horses my exotic will be centered on are my longshot horsey ruler on ice and........ bowmans causeway!!! wooohooo!!!!!! a new pair of lucky underwear and shoes!!?

of course sprinkle all the usual suspects here and there for the other selections in my exotic: the shackenator, coil, and the thirsty one. i like bowmans causway here...

PostPosted: August 25th, 2011, 4:40 pm 

bisket - I like your choice of Ruler On Ice as he is a good fit here. I'll add Shackleford plus Rattlesnake Bridge for a long shot.
It would appear the rain will be heavy at times due to Irene but I don't think it will hurt my picks.
Wasn't the Belmont muddy?

PostPosted: August 25th, 2011, 7:02 pm 

Here's how I see it:
1. BC...Great jockey-trainer combo...will need to improve a lot and will have rum them all down...not gonna happen...
2. RB...same story as BC...needs more seasoning...not bred for distance
3. MM...Nice run on track in Jim Dandy...trainer very good 2nd off layoff...may be a live long shot if he doesn't bounce off last top
4. ROI...Benefited from a great trip in Belmont sitting 2nd off a very slow pace in the slop...other than that hasn't shown much...will need it very wet
5. MG...Has a win on the track vs. much weaker...needs to step it up big time...nah
6. Rd'T...Excellent breeding being by Grade 1 winning dam Sightseek...bred for distance...nice recent workout...lightly raced and may not be ready for this tough a race...but nice at a price
7. Coil...Consistent and tough...not bred for distance...nice recent workouts...Baffert on fence...mixed feelings
8. JWB...Past 2 Graded tries were awful...will have to run by a lot of them...nah
9. ST...Well bred and for distance...likes it wet...may regress after last top effort...may win even despite regression...Jim Dandy must faster than Haskell
10. Shaq...Fast and tough...tough post...track favors speed in distance races...doesn't really want this distance...track will have to be favoring speed for Shaq to win this.

My picks...Stay Thirsty...Raison d'tat...and Shaq

PostPosted: August 27th, 2011, 11:36 am 

Despite everything, I beleive this one is all about the top three, and that don't include Ruler on Ice...track comes up a mess, he'll run great, there are a few in here that could really surprise, but I'm sticking with my top trio:

Stay Thirsty

Coil

Shack

Rattlesnake Bridge

Coil

Stay Thirsty

Shack

Ruler on Ice

Coil

Shack

Thirsty

Ruler

one of my picks lists should come in :lol: :lol: :lol:

Gandalf the Grey

PostPosted: August 27th, 2011, 12:03 pm 

I just read that rider J. Valdivia, rider of Ruler On Ice, will be packing his tack and going back to California to resume his career and be with his family.

PostPosted: August 27th, 2011, 1:05 pm 

If it's an off track, it's anyone's guess.

Normally I'm all for the longshot, but in this case I think one of the class horses will win.

Moonshine Mullen probably represents the best value bet for a longhsot Place/Show IMHO

10-9-3-6

PostPosted: August 27th, 2011, 1:54 pm 

this is what i have so far
August 27 4:45 PM Saratoga Thoroughbred 12 2.00 EX (BOX ) 1, 3, 4
August 27 4:45 PM Saratoga Thoroughbred 12 1.00 TR (BOX ) 1, 3, 4

PostPosted: August 27th, 2011, 2:09 pm 

the rest
August 27 5:06 PM Saratoga Thoroughbred 12 0.10 SF (PWHL) 1, 3, 4 / 1, 3, 4, 7, 9 / 1, 3, 4, 7, 9, 10 / 1, 3, 4, 7, 8, 9, 10 $19.20
August 27 5:00 PM Saratoga Thoroughbred 12 2.00 EX (BOX ) 3, 4, 7 $12.00
August 27 4:59 PM Saratoga Thoroughbred 12 2.00 TR (BOX ) 3, 4, 7 $12.00

PostPosted: August 27th, 2011, 2:13 pm 

race 11
3$ ex box
1 flashpoint
3 runflatout
10$ win 3 runflatout

Page 2 of 5 [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next