It is currently November 19th, 2017, 7:11 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 4 [ 57 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: TVG ALABAMA STAKES $500,000 for 3 YR Old FY Aug 20th at SAR
PostPosted: August 9th, 2011, 5:30 am 

Here is the link to the 25 nominees to the Alabama Stakes for 3 Yr Old Fy at SAR to be run SAT. Aug. 20th
http://www.equibase.com/premium/eqbHors ... 820-504785

Post subject: Re: TVG ALABAMA STAKES $500,000 for 3 YR Old FY Aug 20th at
PostPosted: August 9th, 2011, 6:41 am 

Here is the link to past performaces of the nominees.
http://www.equibase.com/premium/eqbHors ... 820-504785

PostPosted: August 9th, 2011, 2:31 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks for posting this HTR...should be a good race! Of all the fillies nominated I am thrilled to see Inglorious in there! What a dynamo she is! LOVE HER!

PostPosted: August 12th, 2011, 11:34 am 

I can't wait. I do hope that Sadler ships Zazu in for this one...

Gandalf the Grey

PostPosted: August 12th, 2011, 11:47 am 
Site Admin

We can surely hope and pray Fdf but coinsidering she just ran I doubt he will...ya never know though...stranger things have happened. As much as I love her I would HATE to see her with Inglorious....I think Inglorious put herself at the top of my 3yo fuilly list when she won against the boys at Woodbine in a 17 horse field...she really showed what a superstar she is! If she can handle the dirt she should be a monster.

PostPosted: August 14th, 2011, 7:12 am 

As of Sun Aug 14 I like these 3 outstanding fillies, Inglorious, It's Tricky and Plum Pretty.

PostPosted: August 14th, 2011, 10:12 am 
Site Admin

For me, as much as I love Plum Pretty and It's Tricky, this race is ALL about Inglorious for me! That filly is a monster!!!

PostPosted: August 17th, 2011, 12:24 pm 

Here is the entries for the Alabama Stakes
#1 - Royal Delta - J. Lezcano - W.I. Mott
#2 - Pinch Pie - J.R. Velasquez - A.W. Dutrow
#3 - Plum Pretty - M. Gaecia - B. Baffert
#4 - It's Tricky - E. Castro - K.P. McLaughlin
#5 - St. John's River - R.Albarado - A. Leggio Jr.
#6 - Inglorious - L. Contreras - J. Carroll

PostPosted: August 17th, 2011, 12:33 pm 

I guess we will get to see how good Inglorious really is! Tough bunch

PostPosted: August 17th, 2011, 1:03 pm 
Site Admin

Some VERY nice fillies in here but I say GOOOOOOOOOOOOO INGLORIOUS!!!!! She's as tough as nails!

1.) Inglorious

2.) Plum Pretty

3.) St. John's RIver

4.) It's Tricky -or-Royal Delta

Hell, as classy as this bunch of girls is I would probably be better off boxing the whole darn field!! LOL! It really is anyone's game to win in here! ALthough I don't know much (anything) about Pinch Pie.

PostPosted: August 17th, 2011, 1:26 pm 

Both Plum Pretty and It's Tricky have the best performance numbers on the dirt.
St. John's River and Inglorious will be close up to the pace and make their move the last 1/8th.
I think It's Tricky has an edge over Plum Pretty who is inside and It's Tricky can keep pressure on her.
Both Inglorious and St. John's River can run fairly close to the pace and can win it all.
I would be concerned about the heat bothering It's Tricky who ran a bad race at Gulfstream because it was too hot.
The other concern I have is Inglorious' feet. I hope she may like the soft dirt at Saratoga.

PostPosted: August 17th, 2011, 1:45 pm 
Site Admin

WHat do you think about Royal Delta HTR?? I like her....

PostPosted: August 17th, 2011, 2:14 pm 

AfleetTreet - Royal Delta was beaten by 7 1/4 lengths and while she is a nice filly I rate It's Tricky, Plum Pretty St. John's River and Inglorious over both Royal Delta and Pinch Pie as the latter do not have as good performance numbers as the other top 4.

PostPosted: August 17th, 2011, 2:44 pm 
Site Admin

(COurtesy of Bloodhorse)

Alabama: It's Tricky Seeks Third Straight G1

By Jason Shandler
Posted: Wednesday, August 17, 2011 5:01 PM

Photo: Coglianese Photos
It's Tricky in the CCA Oaks.

After winning consecutive grade I races, It's Tricky has earned the title as leader of the 3-year-old filly division. On Aug. 20, the daughter of Mineshaft
will have to prove herself all over again against a stellar field in the $500,000 TVG Alabama Stakes (gr. I) at Saratoga.
Owned by Godolphin Racing, It’s Tricky defeated Plum Pretty and Royal Delta in the July 23 TVG Coaching Club American Oaks (gr. I) at Saratoga and will take on those two rivals once again. In addition, she will do battle with Queen’s Plate winner Inglorious and the improving St. John's River, recent winner of the Delaware Oaks (gr. II). A field of six was drawn for the 1 1/4-mile Alabama, the feature on Saratoga’s 11-race Saturday program. Post time is set for 5:45 p.m. EDT. NBC will offer a live telecast of the Alabama, with coverage airing from 5-6 p.m. It’s Tricky has won five of six career starts, her lone setback coming in the Gulfstream Park Oaks (gr. II) in April. The bay filly romped by 3 3/4 lengths in the Belmont Park mud June 11 in the one-mile Acorn Stakes (gr. I) for her first graded stakes victory, and ran down Plum Pretty by three-quarters of a length in the 1 1/8-mile CCA Oaks. She has recorded two Saratoga works since that race, including a four-furlong move in :48 4/5 Aug. 13. Eddie Castro, aboard for the last two wins, will retain the mount for trainer Kiaran McLaughlin. It’s Tricky, the 9-5 morning-line favorite, was bred in Kentucky by Stonerside Stable and is out of the Tale of the Cat mare Catboat. Peachtree Stable’s Plum Pretty has finished a close second in her two starts since winning the May 6 Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) by a neck over St. Johns River. The Medaglia d'Oro filly was beaten 1 1/2 lengths in the Hollywood Oaks (gr. II) June 25, and led most of the way in the CCA Oaks before being collared late. The bay filly, who is listed as the 2-1 second choice, has worked three times at Saratoga for Bob Baffert. Martin Garcia will ride the Pennsylvania-bred, who is 3-2-2 from seven starts. “I think with having training here over the surface now the last three weeks, we’ll be in better shape,” said Jim Barnes, assistant to Baffert. “I think it’s kind of hard coming in right off the plane on this track and she ran huge, she ran a winning race, she ran her eyes out, but I think we’re in better shape this time.” Palides Investments N.V.’s homebred Royal Delta missed some training time before the CCA Oaks and may have been a little short when beaten 7 1/4 lengths while third. The Bill Mott trainee has had two works at Saratoga since that effort, the first one on turf. Mott considered running the Empire Maker filly in the Woodford Reserve Lake Placid Stakes (gr. IIT) Aug. 21 but decided against it. “We may switch to the grass later on, in a grade I perhaps," he said. Royal Delta won the Black-Eyed Susan Stakes (gr. II) by 2 1/2 lengths May 20 at Pimlico Race Course and has won three of five starts overall. Donver Stable’s Inglorious is the only Alabama entrant that has traveled 1 1/4 miles, and she did it successfully June 26 when defeating Canadian-bred males in the Queen’s Plate at Woodbine. The
Hennessy filly also won the Woodbine Oaks and is a stellar 5-1-0 from seven career tries.
Trainer Josie Carroll won the 2009 Alabama with Careless Jewel
, also for Donver Stable.
“She ran several hard races right in a row and the timing (of the Alabama) was right,” said Carroll, who bypassed the second two legs of the Canadian Triple Crown. “She ran well enough (on dirt) in New Orleans, and I certainly wouldn’t bring her if I didn't think she had a chance. (The distance is) one less thing to worry about; I know she’ll get 1 1/4 miles.” Dede McGehee’s St. John’s River has never missed the board in six lifetime starts. After finishing a close second in both the Fair Grounds Oaks (gr. II) and Kentucky Oaks, she finally came out on the right side of a close finish in the July 9 Delaware Oaks. The daughter of Include has worked steadily at Saratoga for her Alabama test. "She absolutely belongs with these horses,” trainer Andrew Leggio Jr. said. “She’s training really well, and in every race she has run, she has run a good race. The (extra distance) is what I want as she has been coming from behind.” Rounding out the field is longshot Pinch Pie, winner of the Desert Vixen Stakes July 24 at Monmouth Park for trainer Tony Dutrow.

PostPosted: August 17th, 2011, 4:11 pm 

Here is a neat thing that really appeals to me. I don't know if everyone realizes it but this is truly a North America based shoot out of the best 3 year fillies.
From the North is Inglorious (Canada) trainer Josie Carroll
From the South is St. John's River (Louisiana) trainer A. Leggio Jr.
From the East It's Tricky (New York) Kairan McLaughlin
From the West Plum Pretty (California) Bob Baffert
I''m sure there will be cheering sections all over the continent.
I think it will be on NBC.

Page 1 of 4 [ 57 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next