It is currently November 19th, 2017, 6:52 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: $100k Hollywood Juvenile Stakes~Gr3, 2yo, 6F (July 18th)
PostPosted: July 14th, 2011, 10:28 pm 
Site Admin

$100,000 Hollywood Juvenile Championship Stakes (gr. III, Race 7, 4:13 p.m.), 2-Year-Olds, 6 Furlongs (All Weather) @ Hollywood Park

PP. Horse, Jockey, Weight, Trainer

1. Brigand (NY), J Rosario, 117, B Baffert
2. Ruler of Dubai (CA), K John, 117, G Papaprodromou
3. Rino S (CA), T Baze, 117, M Polanco
4. Super Candy (FL), J Talamo, 115, M Polanco
5. Night Tide (KY), M Garcia, 117, B Baffert
6. He's a Bandit (KY), A Quinonez, 115, K Mulhall
7. Pend Oreille (CA), R Bejarano, 117, M Harrington
8. Majestic City (KY), D R Flores, 120, P Miller

Post subject: Re: $100k Hollywood Juvenile Stakes~Gr3, 2yo, 6F (July 18th)
PostPosted: July 16th, 2011, 8:30 am 

I'd love to see Brigand win this...then go on to win the BC Juvy. I beleive I read that Baffert is pretty high on this colt.....kinda throws me that baffert has Martin on hos other baby, Night Tide. It's interesting that both thses colts have a similar pedigree by sons of AP Indy out of Quiet American mares...wonderful bloodlines on each of these two, definetly Kentucky derby horses, as they'll have no problems once the race distances get longer.
Think I'll look for baffert to take this one daown with the winner and place spots:

Brigand

Night Tide

Super Candy

Gandalf the Grey

PostPosted: July 16th, 2011, 10:17 am 

don't think you can rule out Hes a Bandit here, Kristin is doing a great job with this colt.

PostPosted: July 16th, 2011, 10:27 am 

I adore Kristin Mulhall, she is a wonderful trainer in every aspect. But I think tomorrow's race belongs to Baffert once again:
Night Tide
Majestic City
Pend Oreille

PostPosted: July 16th, 2011, 10:29 am 

I actually beleive you can't rule out any of them in here...they are babies yet, but it'lll be a real fun race wo watch. I agree about Mulhall.

Gandalf the Grey

PostPosted: July 16th, 2011, 10:49 am 

Fdf47,
I was in contact with Kristin a few years ago about a horse which was about to be run at HWD which had been a vet scratch. The idiotic trainer, Bill Spawr, said he hoped the horse, Plenty Jade, could stay together for one more race so he could unload him. This, of course, created a firestorm after Spawr's quote was in a DRF article. I emailed Mario Panza at HWD and he assured me the horse would not run if there was any question on his physical condition. I emailed Kristin to see if she could purchase him because I knew she has done that many times. She emailed me back that she would keep an eye on him. Unfortunately, the horse dropped off the radar so have no idea what ever happened to him. I just pray it wasn't a slaughter-bound van.

PostPosted: July 16th, 2011, 11:29 am 

I wanted to make sure I was right on the facts. This is from the ABR site:
PLENTY JADE

GL CH Northern Devil-Leap Year Owner/Linda Bob Beauchamp Trainer/William Spawr Breeder/Joseph A. Duffel (CA) once considered a possible Triple Crown contender, Plenty Jade has been moving down the claiming ranks.[2] He was recently stratched from a race but has worked out three times since. His trainer commented that he hoped he had another race left in him.."When a horse takes a suspicious drop following a good race, such as probable favorite Plenty Jade in race 3 Thursday, there is usually a reason. Plenty Jade set the pace and finished a close fourth in a solid April 22 comeback in a maiden-40 starter. Despite the effort, trainer Bill Spawr entered him Thursday for a $16,000 claiming tag."Obviously he has some problems," Spawr explained, without being specific. "He'll be good for one more race, but I don't know how long he'll last."Plenty Jade drew the outside post in the 7 1/2-furlong race for 3-year-olds. Spawr is confident Plenty Jade will run well. He also entered Dixie Music Roll first off the claim." [3] Plenty Jade Date: June 4, 2007 Track: HOLLYWOOD PARK Distance: Four Furlongs Time: 51:20 Handily Track Condition: Fast Surface: All Weather Track Rank: 43/46 Plenty Jade Date: June 11, 2007 Track: HOLLYWOOD PARK Distance: Five Furlongs Time: 1.03:40 Handily Track Condition: Fast Surface: All Weather Track Rank: 57/70 [4]

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ]