It is currently November 19th, 2017, 7:06 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Page 7 of 8 [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT...PLEASE READ ASAP
PostPosted: August 29th, 2011, 5:41 pm 

I'm in!

PostPosted: August 29th, 2011, 6:18 pm 

It didn't work for me probably because I haven't a clue what is the question.

PostPosted: August 29th, 2011, 8:34 pm 
Site Admin

HAHA!
HTR,

The Question is who is the 1973 Triple Crown winner...the answer is SECRETARIAT.

If you have ANY issues let me know...I am SLOWLY getting there!

PostPosted: August 29th, 2011, 9:16 pm 
Site Admin

TO ALL:
Eventually this site will disappear into the new site...PLEASE...take the time to try and reset your password at the new site and/or log in there. If you are unsuccessful logging in, try resetting your password with the link above and the log in...if that doesn't work, email or PM me and I will "assign" your password at the new site so you can log in there permanently once the eventual switch happens. My contact information is elsewhere in this thread but in case you can't find it:

[url=mailto:whirlaway68@gmail.com]whirlaway68@gmail.com[/url]

206-228-1815 9am-9pm PST

PostPosted: August 29th, 2011, 10:36 pm 

I was able to log in too. Thanks, Treet, for the help.

PostPosted: August 30th, 2011, 4:36 am 

AfleetTreet - I'm home and cooled out. It didn't work at first so all I did was get out of the site and go back in and it worked fine.
Thank you for pointing the way.

PostPosted: August 30th, 2011, 10:35 am 
Site Admin

SOOOOOO glad it worked Oso & HTR! Eventually that will be the entire site and what you see here will not exist...there is still some stuff that has been posted since June 23rd when we originally transferred everything over that I am trying to figure out how to transfer over...sure hoping I can do it without having to start the import all over again (THAT would be a pain) but if not then I MIGHT Just have to copy and paste stuff over manually which will also be a pain but a minor bump in the road...at least I am figuring otu how to publish articles and blogs and such...not sure if anyone has managed to wander over there yet BUT I did figure out how to publish articles with video embedded which is so darned cool! Working on an article/blog about Awesome Gem and have a few ideas for others...I knwo I called on Winter to write one or two or ten for me and any and everyone who would also like to do so is MORE than welcome! It shoudl be SO cool once it is totally up and runnign and I have been stockign up big time on trinkets and promotional items so come Breeder's CUp the new site will be up and running smoothly and I'll have TONS of promotional items to entice newcomers to the site on a grand stage at Churchill Downs! Gonna need one whole suitcase just for the promo stuff but that's okay! HOOF HOOF HOORAY! I am getting more and more tech savvy and more and more excited all the time! It is FINALLY coming together after such a struggle to get there! YIPPEE!

PostPosted: August 30th, 2011, 10:55 am 

Treet- I am having trouble logging in- I need a password- I registered but but can't log in

thanks-muleskinner

PostPosted: August 30th, 2011, 10:55 am 

Treet- I am having trouble logging in- I need a password- I registered but can't log in

thanks-muleskinner

PostPosted: August 30th, 2011, 11:11 am 
Site Admin

Mule,
Check your private messages...you will find a new password (which you can certainly change) once you log in successfully.

PostPosted: August 30th, 2011, 12:55 pm 

thanks Treet, I am all set

PostPosted: August 30th, 2011, 1:15 pm 

Likewise, works fine.

The e-mail(s) were a little confusing though...

PostPosted: August 30th, 2011, 3:11 pm 
Site Admin

Sorry about the emails Luther (and All)...I was instructed by tech support to send that after he assumed everyone would successfully be able to log in and he pointed me to a place in the manual with that dumb link in the first email....I shouldn'[t have sent them out but there are SO MANY people who are members that either havent' posted in a long time or don't post regularly that I wanted to make sure to get the message out to about the transfer...then again...if and when this site disappears in favor of the new site the web address will be the same. I plan on sending out another email soon but since you had no problems loggingin in there you can ignore it. Basically the new email will just be contact information and advises andy and everyone who may be having trouble logging in or who needs a radnom password assignment to get in touch.

PostPosted: August 31st, 2011, 9:15 am 

:D After a little help from you, Treet, I was able to log in at the new HRM...love the new look!! I have it set on my desktop so I can go check in there often as you get everything moved there...I think the blog section will be very popular (indeed, Winter T...you should srite some blog stuff when you have the time :D )....and embedded video will be way 8) cool. I noticed that Thorougbred Times now has a section for fans to uplooad race videos, so it's really cool that we can do the same thing at the new HRM.

I admire your courage with all this...it ain't easy undersatnd ing in's and out's of web site building (especially a forum based site)...I know from experience with my own web site just how confusing and frustrating it can be...you go, girl!! THANKS for all your time and hard work!

Gandalf the Grey

PostPosted: August 31st, 2011, 10:52 am 
Site Admin

Thanks Fdf! I am happy you like it and as I said before I can customize colors schemes for any and all who wish to have their own view/page be what they wish to see. For example, if someone wants a ornage page with black letters, or a white page with red accents all they need to do is request that and I will create it to specs and then it will be available for that person and anyone else who wants to change the way they view the site. The default (for now) is black and green) BUT over time, it will change periodically to refelct different races/seasons/etc. I am currently working with my server to see if I can get themed templates as well or how I can go about changing the look of the pages with photos and other racing content. I'll get there!

I would encourage ALL to start posting more there and less here...the reason for this is that the import has already been done and the more that is posted here the more I manually have to copy/paste over there...if I import the current content (again) I will basically have to start all over again and we'll be back to square one....NOT going down THAT road again! LOL! As a result we will likely lose some content here that has been posted over the last couple months (since the original import) so I am scurrying around trying to dig up stuff that is ongoing in conversation...I managed to get he entire Uncle Mo thread updated....moved the Lonagcre's Mile thread over....and will work on more copying and pasting of pertinent discussions we may wish to continue....Again PLEASE ALL, start posting there as much as possible otherwise whatever is posted here (as we are rapidly) fading out here will be lost once the final work is done and this site is shut down in favor of the new site.

I am working on an Awesome Gem Blog....will be adding (hopefully0 a Chinook Pass blog....and would LOVE for any and all who have a blog's worth of information/opinion/or content to FEEL FREE to submit a blgo entry. Please note that it does NOT have to directly beinvoluved with horse racing...blogs are JUST for that and while I am hoping to stay as close to racing as possible I DO welcome any ideas or topics of discussion in the blog pages. It is good and healthy to have other discussions since we have all basically becaome pretty close and involved with each other we all have a wealth of information to share on any given subject. As long as the primary is horse racing then basically the sky is the limit.

For ANY and ALL who have not yet reset or requested a new passowrd PLEASE follow the link below and do so....doing so NOW, before this site closes will help prevent any further confusion down the line...once THIS site is closed and the new site is the "one and only" ALL users will still be able to access it as the web address will be the same BUT since the new site has SO MUCH and SO MANY different and improved features it will be easier to "get settled" sooner than later. PLEASE FOLLOW THE LINK BELOW TO RESET YOUR PASSOWRD (if you would like me to input a chosen password for you then please get in touch via phone, email, or private message with whatever password you wish to have and I will input it for you).

THANKS!

http://www.horseracingmania.com/forums/login.php?do=lostpw

Page 7 of 8 [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next